Pre and Post Care of Onychnomycosis Treatments (For best results please follow these instructions)
Before Your Treatment:
- Remove nail polish
- Ensure nail are trimmed and cleaned thoroughly with a nailbrush.
- Spray all shoes with any-fungal spray or disinfectant (Lysol). Continue weekly for at lease 4 weeks.
- Do not apply topical or antifungal cream or powder for 2 days prior to treatment.
After Your Treatment:
To help prevent re-infection:
- Wear clean socks/shoes after treatment.
- Wash sheets, disinfect shower/bath and vacuum carpets day of treatment.
- Apply anti-fungal cream or spray to entire sole of foot, in between and on top of every toe twice a day for approximately 2 weeks (severe athlete’s foot infections may require longer).
- Apply anti-fungal powder or spray to all shoes at least once a week for a least 4 weeks.
- Do not walk barefoot in public places (pool, gym etc.)
- Keep nails trimmed and cleaned (disinfect instruments after each use).
- Nail polish may be applied 24 hours after treatment.
- Toenails may take 9 – 12 months and fingernails may take 6 – 9 months to grow out.
- Severely infected nails may take longer.
- Notice clinic of any concerns.
**We can not treat clients who are pregnant, diabetic or have other complex health issues. Please contact your family doctor for a referral to a podiatrist for these cases.
If you have any questions, please contact our office directly at North 780.451.4006 or South 780.468.6698.
Please remember we have a $25 cancellation fee for “no-show” appointments.