Laser Hair Removal
- Do not wax, sugar or tweeze or bleach the treatment area for at least 6 weeks prior to laser hair removal.
- Do not tan (UV or spray tan/self tanners) for at least 2 weeks prior to laser treatment.
- Please ensure you have applied an SPF of 30 or greater to the treatment areas that receive any sun/UV exposure, for at least 2-4 weeks prior to treatment .
- Do not use any resurfacing agents (Retin-A, Retinol, Glycolic, Salicylic Acid, Alpha-Hydroxy Acids) on any areas receiving Laser Hair Removal for at least 7 days prior to treatment.
- Do not use photosensitive medication at least 10 days prior to treatment. (If you are unsure if your medication is photosensitive, please advise your laser technician)
- You must be off of anitibiotics for at least 2 weeks prior to laser hair removal.
- Shave the treatment site the day before, or the day of your laser treatment.
- If currently using Hydroquinone, stop using 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- If using Emla, apply 1 hour prior to treatment, and cover the area with saran wrap. Do not use Emla on large areas of the body.
- Do not use depilatory creams for at least 2 weeks prior to treatment (nair, veet, etc.)
- Individuals must be 18 years of age to received laser treatments.
**Please note, we are unable to treat pregnant women. Also, some medications (ie: antibiotics) may make a person more sensitive to heat and/or light. If you are on any medications please be sure to check with your doctor or call our office to ensure you are a good candidate for treatment.
Post- Treatment Advice
- Avoid bathing or washing with very hot water. Use tepid water. You may feel like you have a mild to moderate sunburn. Minor crusting or peeling of the surface layers of the skin is not unusual. Over the counter Hydrocortisone Cream and Aloe Vera Gel may help with redness or inflammation of your skin.
- Keep the area clean. Wash gently.
- Avoid direct sun exposure after your treatment. If you do go in the sun, protect the treated area with a sunscreen of 30 SPF or higher.
- Do not shave the treated area for at least 4 days after treatment. Do not wax, tweeze, or use depilatories for hair that grows back. After laser treatment, hair may continue to grow out as if it weren’t treated. Typically this will occur for about 1-2 weeks, and then these hairs will simply begin to fall out.
- Avoid any irritating medications or chemicals, particularly on the face. Examples of these are Retin-A, Benzoyl Peroxide, glycolic acids, or astringents.
“Regular Bikini” – Reduces hair that is along and extends past the crease of the thigh.
“Extended Bikini” – Reduces unwanted hair from inner thighs, and extends in a few inches
past the crease of the thigh. Also can include hair from above the pelvic bone.
“Brazilian” – Reduces hair from the thighs, pelvic bone and underneath
(labia for women, scrotum for men). A strip of hair can be left if the client chooses.
“Full Monty” – Reduces hair from thighs, pelvic bone and labia for women or scrotum for men,
as well as all the hair from between the buttocks cheeks. A strip of hair can be left if the client chooses.
If you have any questions, please contact our office directly at North 780.451.4006 or South 780.468.6698.
Please remember we have a $25 cancellation fee for “no-show” appointments.